The flight of a lifetime, the “Grand Traverse” is a spectacular scenic flight that explores the Mount Cook and Westland National Parks and shows you the region like no other flight.
The Grand Traverse is recognised as the premier Aoraki Mount Cook flight-seeing experience and NZ’s “must do” scenic flight; this magnificent flight encompasses two World Heritage National Parks and 200 km of New Zealand’s most memorable and breathtaking scenery.
The highlights of the Grand Traverse flight include:
- Beautiful turquoise glacial lakes, golden tussock lands, and the braided river systems of the Mackenzie basin
- Remote High Country Sheep Stations, glacial valleys, and landforms
- The Aoraki Mount Cook National Park – a magical world of permanent ice and snow
- New Zealand’s highest mountains and largest glaciers – including Aoraki Mount Cook and the Tasman Glacier
- The Westland Tai Poutini National Park encompassing the magnificent Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers spilling down to the rainforests of the west coast
The aircraft operated by Air Safaris are ideal for New Zealand’s conditions, offering a window seat for every passenger and have wings-above to ensure unobstructed viewing below. Your friendly pilot will provide an informative and enjoyable commentary in addition to all passengers receiving the Air Safaris multi-language flight-guide.
The Grand Traverse is approximately 50 minutes flying time. Allow one hour total duration.
View our Grand Traverse images
Downloadable Flight Guides
Air Safaris provide a comprehensive in-flight guide translated into a number of languages. Click on the icon to the right to download a copy.